Friday, May 9, 2008

Time eludes me!

I’ve made it my goal to post at least once a week and suddenly realized with a shock that it has been 9 days since my last blog post. I am currently working day and night on a new body of work and am completely losing track with time. I guess it is one of the wonderful things about being an artist.

About two weeks ago I had an amazing shoot with Claudia, a wonderful model from the Philippines. I kept thinking my next post would be about her photos, however I think I will keep that for a next time.

Today I am sharing 'Yin Yang' as it progressed. Working on it was one of those magical moments that felt so natural and so right. I’ve been reading up on Chinese philosophy for years. Yin and Yang; can be described as two opposing and, at the same time, complementary aspects of any one phenomenon or simply as ‘unity of opposites’. This is a concept that often comes to mind when I think of various aspects of life. However it has only been recently that it occurred to me to visualize it in terms of a relationship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Antoine, The Yin and Yang is fascinating. I enjoy studying Chinese culture at the University, and I love learning about Chinese history! These drawing are magnificent! I find Buddhism to be fascinating as well! I just love these drawings!

Michael

Wanderlust Trevor said...

Hi thanks forr posting this