Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Exhibition in South Africa.

Jaarsma Gallery in Potchefstroom, South Africa was the very first gallery that ever exhibited my work. I believe I was a mere 16 when some of my first pieces took a place on their walls. Today, almost two decades later they are featuring my work in a special birthday exhibition.

The opening will be by Rita Swanepoel, an extraordinary woman who supported me as well as my work from the very beginning as well as
during some challenging times. I deeply regret that I cannot be there in person but highly recommend anyone who may be in the area to stop by. This is the first time in almost ten years that I will be exhibiting in my home country and what better way than where it all began.

The opening will be on 19 August 6:30pm at 13 Waterbokln, Potchefstroom, S.A. This exhibit will be up until the 24th of Sept. The will also be exhibiting during the Aardklop national art festival 28 Sept – 2 Oct.

For More info please visit: www.jaarsmasart.co.za

Baile en Aire II
24 x 12"
One of the original pieces that will be exhibited

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Very cool!

Jen said...

Best of luck! Hope it's a killer show.