Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Time to Grow

As you may be aware, I have been mostly away from the easel for the last 16 months. First I was wrapping up sales from my New York ArtExpo exhibition, then I moved to my beautiful new studio in Richmond Hill, Georgia, a stone throw from the Ogeechee River, fallowed by the birth of amazing son, Jude.


While I was still on maternity leave the owner of Sarah Jessica Fine Arts in contacted me and commissioned 7 new pieces and thereby putting me back to where I love being most… creating. (I am currently still working on these and below I include one of these completed pieces)


Today I’m at a place where I’m experiencing heights like never before in my life and I am inspired to let these echo into my work. So many people have asked me how becoming a mom changed my art. I have no idea. Though what I do know is that I have to be honest and sincere in what I put on the canvas and I certainly have changed considerably.


I believe no one should ever stop learning and to embrace my own continuing growth this week I have 1. signed up for a one-month photography course with Flying Photo School, 2. bought a History of European Art course from The Great Courses and 3. signed up for a weekend painting workshop with the Painting Experience in lovely Asheville, North Carolina. 


I am super excited about the next chapter in my work so let’s see where all this takes us… 


Drifting II
12x12" Oil on Canvas
Commissioned by 
Sarah Jessica Fine Arts

No comments: