Monday, October 6, 2008

We often teach what we need to learn ourselves

‘We often teach what we need to learn ourselves’ this I read this morning in ‘Living Yoga’ (by Christy Turlington) and it got me thinking. I have been fascinated by yoga and it’s mind, body & spirit unity since yoga crossed my path the first time in 2001. This weekend I completed a yoga fundamentals instructor’s course in Chicago. As some may know, I have been a Bodyflow instructor for about a year. I know it is merely the beginning of a long journey, nevertheless one that feels so right.

I am happy to share that I just heard that the photo of Tantila that I included with my last post was indeed selected by juror, Jim Yood professor and art critic from Chicago, for he 30th annual juried exhibition of Indiana University East.

The piece I am sharing today is titled 'Silent Ballet II', inspired by my yoga journey.

No comments: